Who the fuck I am

My photo
Man, Student, Skeptic, Almost Husband, thinker(too much), Drinker(too little), Friend, enemy, Brother, liver(living, not the organ)

Thursday, November 5, 2009

the weirdest shit

so back in my heyday before I became a responsible adult(I know it makes me laugh too) I worked for various pizza resturants. I got fired a lot because I was a shitty employee but one place I did ok for almost a year. At this place I met a guy who listened to much of the same music I did. We became good friends fast. I remember the day I started working I walked in early on a weekend and he had Strung Out playing loud as fuck. I thought that was just about the greatest first day of work ever. So through me posting on BSC (Brenden Kelly of The Lawrence Arms blog) this guy asked me where my screen name came from. It just so happens it is the same fucking guy I worked and was friends with. His band is named For The Night and it is so named that because he and I came to work one day and the back wall had been spray painted with a picture of a bed and 3 short words. For The Night. Well it was pretty poetic and kind of amazing. We talked about starting a band with this name but nothing ever happened and I guess he ended up using it later. It always stuck with me as 3 beautiful words with so much meaning behind them in many different ways. So I use it for this blog and posting and some other things. It has become almost an alter ego in some respects for me. Its the part of me that is scared of connection. The part of me that wants to forget things for one night sometimes. Its many parts of me. This is so strange and cool that things happened in this way. Life is crazy in all the right ways.

No comments: